We appreciate the reports you have been sending us with details about issues you’re encountering in the game.
We want to use this thread to let you know about some of the more prominent issues we’re already aware of and are actively working to resolve.
Where we are able to, we have provided workarounds while we work on the actual fixes.
We will keep this thread locked so we can populate it with individual workarounds for each issue we encounter and we will delete them as they get resolved.
To report an issue, you can report them here in the Steam forums if they are specific to Steam for visibility to the dev team. Otherwise, you can report them in the official Discord server in our Bug Report channel where we will be able to help more actively: https://discord.gg/aliensfireteamelite
Please be very specific with your report, but also try to keep it as brief as possible.
Include as much information about the circumstances that lead to the issue as possible, like what content you were playing, what were the settings, what might be unusual about your setup, what system and region you are playing in, etcetera.
Check out the latest Patch Notes: https://www.aliensfireteamelite.com/releasenotes/
RECENTLY RESOLVED ISSUE
- Resolved: Some players have been encountering game crashes when using flamethrower weapons with the Phosphorous Munitions (Internal Magazine) Attachment.
- Resolved: Some players have been encountering issues where some Perks behave differently if they are hosting a game, or if they are the client.
- Resolved: We received reports of players on Xbox encountering matchmaking issues that may be related to the influx of new players.
- Resolved: Screen displays rapid white flashes for some players on Xbox consoles.
FIX ON THE WAY
- Some players are encountering game crashes when playing with an OCAP-91 Volcan with Smooth Bore Barrel Attachment equipped. While we work on making a fix available, we recommend not equipping the Smooth Bore Barrel Attachment to the OCAP-91 Volcan.
- Some players continue to have trouble with being able to pick up some Intel items.
- Some players are unable to access Horde mode and Point Defense mode while offline.
- Players have reported an issue where the cave-in to the stage entrance in Point Defense mode can be triggered early before all players make it through.
- We have been receiving reports of some Xbox and Game Pass players encountering a rare issue that can lead to a loss of game progress in their save files. We continue to investigate incoming reports and work on a long-term fix, but in the meantime we have a workaround. (see below)
- Some players aren’t automatically granted their DLC items (see below)
- Some players encounter display driver crashes while playing (see below)
KNOWN PROMINENT ISSUES BEING INVESTIGATED
- We have received reports that the reload animation of the Revolver handgun can sometimes make it look like it’s reloading an extra round.
- We have received reports of players continuing to encounter matchmaking issues preventing them from matching with other players after our post Season 2 patch Hotfix. If you encounter this issue and you’re using a VPN, turning it off may help. Ensuring a good network connection may also help, check out our troubleshooting guide for tips.
KNOWN ISSUE: SOME PLAYERS AREN’T AUTOMATICALLY GRANTED THEIR DLC ITEMS
Some players are not being granted their pre-order, Deluxe edition, or Wey-Yu Armoury DLC items automatically. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We are working on a long term fix, but in the meantime, you can try these workarounds:
- If you preordered the Standard Edition, then open the Store page for your respective platform, search for Aliens: Fireteam Elite, then under the game’s DLC, manually download the Hardened Marine Pack. This should be a free download for you, and after it installs you will have access to its contents in-game.
- If you preordered the Deluxe Edition, then you can follow the above steps and also download the Endeavor Veteran Pack and Wey-Yu Armoury DLC.
- The Wey-Yu Armoury DLC can be a bit trickier to find in the Xbox Store at the moment. You can find it here: Xbox Store > Deluxe Edition > Manage > Download Wey-Yu Armoury DLC.
KNOWN ISSUE: SOME PLAYERS ENCOUNTER DISPLAY DRIVER CRASHES WHILE PLAYING
Some Steam players have run into graphic crashes while playing the game, including instances where widescreen settings were being used. A workaround for this issue is to run the game with DirectX11 instead of DirectX12.
You can use DirectX11 instead of DirectX12 by following these steps:
- In the Steam App, go to your games library, and right click on Aliens: Fireteam Elite.
- Click on Properties and look at the General tab.
- Under “Launch Options” type this command: -dx11
- Next time the game launches it will launch with DirectX11.
KNOWN ISSUE: SOME PLAYERS ARE ENCOUNTERING A RARE ISSUE THAT CAN LEAD TO LOSS OF GAME PROGRESS
We have been receiving reports of some Xbox and Game Pass players encountering a rare issue that can lead to a loss of game progress in their save files. If you encounter this issue please report it on our Discord Bug Report channel. We continue to investigate incoming reports and work on a long-term fix, but in the meantime we have a workaround for players encountering this issue on these platforms.
You can help prevent this issue from occurring the following way:
- If you receive an invite from another player to join their game or want to join a friend’s game you see playing the game, make sure you are already in-game and in the hub of the UAS Endeavor before you accept the invitation.
- Do not accept an invite to play with another player if you haven’t made it past the title screen of the game or have the game closed, this may trigger the issue to occur.
- Do not join a friend’s game via your Xbox Social Menu if you haven’t made it past the title screen of the game or have the game closed, this may trigger the issue to occur.