We appreciate the reports you have been sending us with details about issues you’re encountering in the game.
We want to use this thread to let you know about some of the more prominent issues we’re already aware of and are actively working to resolve.
Where we are able to, we have provided workarounds while we work on the actual fixes.
We will keep this thread locked so we can populate it with individual workarounds for each issue we encounter and we will delete them as they get resolved.
To report an issue, you can report them here in the Steam forums if they are specific to Steam for visibility to the dev team. Otherwise, you can report them in the official Discord server in our Bug Report channel where we will be able to help more actively: https://discord.gg/aliensfireteamelite
Please be very specific with your report, but also try to keep it as brief as possible.
Include as much information about the circumstances that lead to the issue as possible, like what content you were playing, what were the settings, what might be unusual about your setup, what system and region you are playing in, etcetera.
Check out the latest Patch Notes: https://www.aliensfireteamelite.com/releasenotes/
RECENTLY RESOLVED ISSUES:
- Resolved: Steam Profiles which contain special characters can create saves which crash on load.
- Resolved: Charge based abilities don't benefit from Cooldown Reduction Perks.
- Resolved: Automatic weapons gunfire sound can sometimes get stuck on a loop.
- Resolved: Some players are not being awarded the Specialist Elite Kit Skin appropriately upon reaching Rank 8.
- Resolved: Daily and weekly Tactical Opportunities are not refreshing correctly. As compensation for the inconvenience, we’ve granted nine Challenge Cards to all players.
- Resolved: The Weyland-Yutani SpecOps Gunner outfit doesn’t properly apply player skin color.
FIX ON THE WAY:
- "Cannot join game" matchmaking errors. Patches 18.104.22.168416 and 22.214.171.124655 should have helped with some of these instances, but additional fixes are still on the way.
- Difficulty setting doesn’t save after a mission failure if the group is found through matchmaking.
- Some players are losing progress with their characters. Patches 126.96.36.199655 and 188.8.131.52715 should have helped with some of these instances, but additional fixes are still on the way.
- Some players are being prevented from acquiring the “All My Personal Friends” achievement where you need to Level 30 weapons to four stars.
- Some players are having trouble with being able to pick up some Intel items.
- Screen displays rapid white flashes on Xbox consoles (see below).
- Some PlayStation players aren’t automatically granted their DLC items (see below).
KNOWN ISSUE: SOME PLAYERS AREN’T AUTOMATICALLY GRANTED THEIR DLC ITEMS
Some players are not being granted their pre-order, Deluxe edition, or Wey-Yu Armoury DLC items automatically. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We are working on a long term fix, but in the meantime, you can try these workarounds:
- If you preordered the Standard Edition, then open the Store page for your respective platform, search for Aliens: Fireteam Elite, then under the game’s DLC, manually download the Hardened Marine Pack. This should be a free download for you, and after it installs you will have access to its contents in-game.
- If you preordered the Deluxe Edition, then you can follow the above steps and also download the Endeavor Veteran Pack and Wey-Yu Armoury DLC.
- The Wey-Yu Armoury DLC can be a bit trickier to find in the Xbox Store at the moment. You can find it here: Xbox Store > Deluxe Edition > Manage > Download Wey-Yu Armoury DLC.
FIX ON THE WAY: "CANNOT JOIN GAME" MATCHMAKING ERRORS
Patch 184.108.40.206416 is now available on all plaftforms, and should help improve this situation. We're still working on further improvements.
On PC and Xbox versions of the game, we have found that matchmaking sometimes fails with "Cannot join game:" followed by a specific error. This error is being displayed when it should not be.
We have identified this issue and are working on a fix we hope to make available as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can try these workaround steps:
- Exit the matchmaking screen and re-enter it to reset the "session" which is tracking the matchmaking.
- You can also invite friends onto your team directly and not use public matchmaking until a fix is available.
KNOWN ISSUE: SCREEN DISPLAYS RAPID WHITE FLASHES ON XBOX CONSOLES
We’re aware of an issue where players on Xbox may encounter a situation where the screen rapidly flashes white.
This is an unintended effect and seems to be triggering for players using screens with a refresh rate above 100 Hz.
We are working on a long term fix, but in the meantime, you can try this workaround:
- Try using a different monitor with a refresh rate below 100 Hz, and/or set your monitor to a refresh rate below 100 Hz.
RESOLVED KNOWN ISSUE: STEAM PROFILES WHICH CONTAIN SPECIAL CHARACTERS CAN CREATE SAVES WHICH CRASH ON LOAD
This has now been fixed.
We have found that Steam profile names with special characters, including the trademark symbol and bullet (™, •), make save files which crash the game upon loading. If you are affected by this then you will be able to create a character, but will be unable to enter the game’s hub area (the Endeavor hangar). If you do manage to access the Endeavor, then you are not affected by this issue.
We are aware of this issue and already have a fix that we will make available as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can try these workaround steps:
- Change your profile name to not contain symbols and characters which cause this bug.
- Shut off cloud saves using the Steam properties for the game.
- Delete the save game found here: C:\Users\<USER NAME HERE>\AppData\Local\Endeavor.
- Restart "Aliens: Fireteam Elite" and create a new character.
- Once you've entered the first map successfully, you may turn on cloud saves and change your profile name back if you wish.